So, you have finally decided on the perfect new home for you and your family. Custom Selections have been decided on, you chose the perfect color cabinets to go with your granite choice. Ã‚Â Now what? Well, now the fun begins. Now we get to actually start building your new home. Every new home builder has a process they follow with their buyers as their home is being constructed and every builder does this a little differently. But the ultimate goal is to make sure the buyer is informed and knows what to expect through the construction process of their new home and also make sure the builder can address any issues or questions that may arise in a timely manor. In the above photograph John, Fred & Vince Napolitano inspect a newly framed home in our Sajo Farm community.
Napolitano Homes considers our customer service to be one of the things that sets us apart from other builders, along with our attention to quality. We have built our construction process around those ideals and recently we have streamlined this process to make it easier for you, our home buyers. Ã‚Â You can read an in-depth explanation of our process under the Napolitano Construction Process page of our new website. But for now here is a brief overview.
Napolitano Homes Construction Process
- Buyer Involvement – We encourage and want our buyers to give us their opinion and feedback throughout the construction process of their new home.
- Framing Tour – A personal walk through session with your community builder to go over your home during the framing stage before the walls start to go up.
- Customer Wants to Know – A chance for you as the home buyer to submit your questions or concerns directly to us as your builder for timely answers.
- Quality Control Inspection (QCI) – This is an extra inspection preformed by a Napolitano Homes employee that is in addition to the already required inspections that your home will undergo.
- Orientation Meeting – Will take place the day before you close on your new home with your community builder.
- 11 Month List – a reminder your 1 year warranties will soon be up and a chance to alert us of any other issue you may need addressed in your home.